Volume 3 - Blowin' With Roy
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Roy Milton ~ Specialty Profiles (With Bonus CD) ~ $17.08
- Released: October 15, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Specialty
Description by OLDIES.com:
Volume 3 of Specialty's Roy Milton collection, featuring 13 of his Specialty sides and 12 previously unissued tracks!
- 2.The Song Is Ended
- 3.Them There Eyes
- 4.When I Grow Too Old To Dream
- 5.What's The Use
- 6.Train Blues
- 7.L.A. Hop
- 8.Blue Skies
- 9.If You Don't Know
- 10.Along The Navajo Trail
- 11.You Mean So Much To Me
- 12.New Year's Resolution
- 13.I've Had My Moments
- 14.Old Man River
- 15.Everything I Do Is Wrong
- 16.There Is Something Missing
- 17.My Sweetheart
- 18.Believe Me Baby
- 19.Blowin' With Roy
- 20.Thelma Lou
- 21.Sad Feeling
- 22.Practice What You Preach
- 23.If You Love Me, Baby
- 24.Blues Ain't News
- 25.Cool Down
Personnel: Roy Milton (vocals, drums), Camille Howard (vocals, piano), Johnny Rogers, Ray Montrell (guitars), Earl Simms, John J. "Jackie Kelso" Kelson (alto saxophones), Clifton Noel (alto & baritone saxophones), William Gaither, Benjamin A. Waters, Eddie Taylor, James Jackson, Jr. (tenor saxophones), Hosea Sapp, Arthur Walker, Charles Gillum (trumpets), Willard McDaniel (piano), Clarence Jones, Dallas Bartley, Lawrence Cato, William Day, William Hadnott, Donald Hines (bass).
Compilation producer: Billy Vera.
Includes liner notes by Billy Vera.
Digitally remastered by Kirk Felton (1994, Fantasy Studios).
Personnel: Roy Milton (vocals, drums); Camille Howard (vocals, piano); Johnny Rogers (guitar); Clifton Noel (alto saxophone, baritone saxophone); Earl Simms, John Kelson, Jr., Jack Kelson, Jr. (alto saxophone); Eddie Taylor, Bill Gaither , Benny Waters (tenor saxophone); Arthur Walker, Hosea Sapp, Charles Gillum (trumpet); Willard McDaniel (piano).
Liner Note Author: Billy Vera.
Recording information: Master Recorders, Hollywood, CA (03/08/1947-10/15/1953); Universal Recorders, Hollywood, CA (03/08/1947-10/15/1953).
The third and presumably final entry in Specialty's exhaustive Milton reissue series is by no means a makeweight affair. Even when the Solid Senders tackled Tin Pan Alley fare like "Along the Navajo Trail," "Coquette," and "When I Grow Too Old to Dream," they swung 'em. More late-'40s/early-'50s rarities and unissued items galore. ~ Bill Dahl
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs series:
- The Rippingtons Moonlighting (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists AM Gold: 1968 (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra Hey... Let Yourself Go! / C'mon... Get Happy! (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Manhattan School of Music Chamber Sinfonia & Opera Theater Holst - Savitri / Vaughan Williams - The Lark Ascending / Britten - Sinfonietta (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Miss World Miss World (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE