- Released: October 20, 2008
- Label: Verve
- 1.What the World Needs Now is Love
- 2.Don't Make Me Over
- 3.Walk On By
- 4.This Guy's In Love With You
- 5.I Say a Little Prayer
- 6.Trains, Boats & Planes
- 7.Wishin' & Hopin'
- 8.Always Something There To Remind Me
- 9.One Less Bell To Answer
- 10.I'll Never Fall In Love Again
- 11.Only Love Can Break a Heart
- 12.Do You Know the Way To San Jose
- 13.Anyone Who Had a Heart
- 14.God Give Me Strength
- 15.Make It Easy On Yourself
- 16.On My Own
- 17.Close To You
- 18.The Look of Love
- 19.Arthur's Theme
- 20.What's New Pussycat
- 21.The World is a Circle
- 22.April Fools
- 23.Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- 24.The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
- 25.Making Love
- 26.Wives & Lovers
- 28.A House is Not a Home
- 29.That's What Friends Are For
- 30.Any Day Now
- 31.What the World Needs Now is Love [Reprise]
- 32.Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head [Reprise and Playout]
Personnel: John Pagano, Josie James, Donna Taylor (vocals); Dennis Wilson (flute, alto flute, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Tom Ehlen (trumpet, flugelhorn); Rob Shrock (keyboards); David Coy (bass instrument); Dave Crigger (drums, percussion); Sydney Symphony Orchestra.
Audio Mixers: Rob Shrock; Allen Sides.
Arrangers: Rob Shrock; Burt Bacharach.
Songwriter Burt Bacharach is one of the masters--if not THE American master--of orchestrated mainstream pop music. With Hal David, Bacharach wrote (and often arranged) the many 1960s-'70s hits of Dionne Warwick, Dusty Springfield, B.J. Thomas, and many others, not too mention contributing songs to hit movies (ARTHUR, ALFIE) and the stage (PROMISES, PROMISES). Burt Bacharach still remains standing in the space between pop, rock, and R&B, along with his unclassifiable gift for winsome, memorable melody. Released in 2008, LIVE is one of the few such discs in the composer's catalogue, and backed by a classy large orchestra, it's a major treat for fans.