Edge of Eternity (Widescreen)
Sony Screen Classics by Request (series)
Mile-High Suspense In The Grand Canyon!
|You Save:||$9.01 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 4, 2011
- Originally Released: 1959
- Label: Sony Pictures Home
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Victoria Shaw, Mickey Shaughnessy, Cornel Wilde, Edgar Buchanan & Rian Garrick|
|Performer:||Rian Garrick, Edgar Buchanan & Jack Elam|
|Directed by||Don Siegel|
|Edited by||Jerome Thoms|
|Screenwriting by||Richard Collins & Marion Hargrove|
|Composition by||Daniele Amfitheatrof|
|Cinematography by||Burnett Guffey|
|Story by||Ben Markson|
|Director of Photography:||Burnett Guffey|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Sheriff Les Martin (Cornel Wilde) is puzzled in his investigation of three mysterious murders near the Grand Canyon. Lacking any clues, Les enlists his girlfriend Janice Kendon (Victoria Shaw), daughter of a retired mine owner, and bartender Scotty O'Brien (Mickey Shaughnessy) to help with the case. When Janice's brother, Bob (Rian Garrick), leads Les and Janice to a rendezvous with an associate in the middle of it all, Sheriff Martin is drawn into a dangerous -- and deadly -- chase high above the Grand Canyon's floor. Newly remastered.
A well-dressed older man drives a car along the winding mountain road adjacent to the Grand Canyon. Another man lies in wait for him where the road ends. They fight, and the car and one of the men plunge into the mile-deep gorge. Thus begins a series of four killings that fall into the lap of newly hired Mojave County deputy Les Martin (Cornel Wilde) and his boss, Sheriff Edwards (Edgar Buchanan). Les is an experienced homicide detective trying to redeem himself and his career after a series of personal tragedies and professional disasters, unsteady in his confidence and uncertain of his ability -- the only people he's especially close to are the sheriff who hired him and Scotty (Mickey Shaughnessy), the big-hearted keeper of the local tavern. And complicating his investigation of the murder case at hand is his constant crossing of paths with the beautiful, wealthy Janice Kendon (Victoria Shaw), who seems to have a knack for turning up around every corner of this case. He has to sort out his feelings about her and work out what the murders have to do with the one clue left behind by one of the victims, about the "dancing bucket" that carries men and material more than 7,000 feet across the mile-high chasm.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 17,232
- UPC: 043396388932
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Invisible Stripes (FS) [Rare & Out-of-Print] (DVD)(8)
$6.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s, 30s and 40s - Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 12 - Ultra Rare Fetish (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 14 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE