- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 55 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 7, 1999
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Nat'l Geographic Vid
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Bonus Programs: TORNADO HUNTERS & LIGHTNING STRIKES
- Never-Before-Released Featurettes
- Previews Of Additional National Geographic Programs
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Interactive Trivia Quiz
- Interactive U.S. Disaster Map
- Text/Photo Galleries:
An up-close examination of such natural forces as tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes and more, with first-hand footage and tales from people who've survived nature's onslaught.
Take a journey around the world to see the startling devastation caused by natural disasters in countries including the USA, Bangladesh, China, France and Japan.
This fascinating National Geographic video features incredible footage of earthquakes, hurricanes, floods and tornadoes, along with interviews with scientists who have been studying these disasters.
In the process, you'll confront some of nature's unfortunate victims and also meet numerous heroes who have risked their lives to save people and property. And you'll hear how scientific research is helping us to prepare and protect ourselves from disasters, as well as to predict when nature will be striking out against us next.
- A National Geographic EXPLORER presentation.
- Additional credits: Tim Kelly (senior vice president, television).
- Copyright 1994 NGT, Inc.