- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 4 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: August 1, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: BBC Warner
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes
- Interviews: Presenter Dr. Nigel Spivey and producer Mark Hedgecoe.
Description by Warner Home Video:
How Art Made the World
Why does our world look like it does' That great modern mystery is spectacularly unraveled in this international landmark series and epic quest across five continents and 100,000 years'via some of the greatest treasures of the ancient world'to the heart of human creativity. Encompassing everything from cave paintings to ceramics and pyramids to palaces, How Art Made the World probes the global trend for unrealistic depictions of the human body; the secret powers of the feature film; how politicians manage to manipulate people so easily; visions of death and the afterlife; and, crucially, why we use imagery at all.