- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: December 16, 2003
- Originally Released: 1950
- Label: Republic Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 01/02/2004
"Marlon Brando remains explosive in his screen debut."
Entertainment Weekly - 07/16/2004
"Brando makes the most of his immobility, letting his character's bitterness and anger grow..."
Premiere - 10/01/2004
"Brando is remarkable..."
With the assistance of veterans hospital staff and their loved ones, three men paralyzed in combat during World War II struggle to come to terms with their condition.
Theatrical Release |
- "The Men" was Marlon Brando's film debut, following his success in the stage production of "A Streetcar Named Desire."
- Named one of the 10 Best Films of 1950 by the National Board of Review.
- Additional cast: Nita Hunter (as Dolores), Patricia Joiner (Laverne), John Miller (Mr. Doolin), Cliff Clark (Dr. Kameran), and Marguerite Martin (Angel's mother).
- Filmed on location at the Birmingham Veterans Administration Hospital in Los Angeles.