- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 26, 2002
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Republic Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
The peaceful veneer of American suburbia is stripped away as an alluring babysitter unwittingly becomes the object of her clients' dreams and obsessions. Based on Robert Coover's surreal short story, THE BABYSITTER stars Alicia Silverstone (CLUELESS, BLAST FROM THE PAST) as the pubescent object of lust.
A beautiful, all-American teenager becomes the unwitting cause of her employers' indiscretions. Harry Tucker, the man who hired her, sees her as a perfect extra-marital romance, while his wife uses her husband's obsession as an excuse to have an affair with her neighbor.
But things go from bad to worse when the babysitter's boyfriend is threatened by a local hood with desires of his own.
- Alicia Silverstone's father, Monty Silverstone, has a cameo in the film playing a British Party Guest.
- Music used in the film: "Fair Game" & "I Lie Still" composed and performed by Brendan Lynch; "Sly Din" performed by The Cruel Sea; "All Sideways" performed by Scarce; "Gonna Miss Your Love," "Drinkin' Bad Whisky," & "Just a Kiss" performed by Finis Tasby; "Blues at the Ladies" performed by The Waterland Studio Band; "Take the S-Bahn" & "The Night Coach" performed by The Waterland Sextet; Trash the Night" performed by The Velcro Pygmies.
- Copyright 1995 Republic Entertainment Inc.
- Distributed theatrically in New York on November 15, 1995 (a month after its release on homevideo).