Only 5 copies left
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$22.81 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$7.14 (24% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 11, 2004
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Kino Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Additional Release Material:
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- "The History Behind KEDMA"
- Filmographies: Amos Gitai
- Still Image Gallery
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Yussef Abu Warda, Moni Moshonov & Juliano Merr|
|Directed by||Amos Gitai|
|Screenwriting by||Amos Gitai & Marie-Jose Sanselme|
|Composition by||David Darling & Manfred Eicher|
|Produced by||Laurent Truchot & Amos Gitai|
|Director of Photography:||Yorgos Arvanitis|
In May 1948, a group of European Jewish refugees illegally sail to Palestine via the cargo freighter Kedma, arriving only a few days before the departure of British forces and the founding of the nation of Israel. Once ashore they are received by the Palmach, Jewish fighters who help them evade arrest by British troops. Hiding amid the hills, they have a chance to tell their story, and there's even time for some singing. But before they can even change out of their civilian clothes, the weary immigrants are instructed in machine gun use and promptly sent off into combat against a hostile Arab force. Bloody battle and heartrending tragedy ensues, with both sides making mournful predictions for the future of their shared land. Directed by acclaimed filmmaker Amos Gitai, KEDMA is an elegiac, beautifully photographed meditation on exile, hope, despair and the trouble-plagued history of the Jewish people. Andre Kashkar, Helen Yaralova, and Yussef Abu Wardu play some of the immigrants, who relate to each other their tales of survival against the Nazis even as they once more face death in defense of their soon to be founded nation.
History | Israel / State Of Israel | Jewish | Jewish Heritage | Palestine | Theatrical Release
- Theatrical Release: January 27, 2003 (NY)
- KEDMA had its debut at the 2002 Cannes Film Festival.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Time of Favor (Ha-Hesder) (Hebrew with English Subtitles) (DVD)
$22.81 CYBER WEEK
Top ranking titles in the Foreign Films genre:
- Blind Beast vs. Killer Dwarf (Japanese, Subtitled in English) (DVD) ~ $2.79 CYBER WEEK
- Sidewalls (DVD) ~ $2.09 CYBER WEEK
- The Legend of Guan Gong (6-DVD) ~ $12.98 CYBER WEEK
- Bread, Love and Dreams (DVD) ~ $5.59 CYBER WEEK
- Wasabi (DVD) ~ $6.98 CYBER WEEK