- Number of Discs: 5
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 9 hours, 3 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 22, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Acorn Media
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Box Set
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Bonus Footage: An Introduction to each Opera by Douglas Fairbanks Jr.
- Featurette: Making of Featurettes
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Biographies: Gilbert & Sullivan
- Additional Products:
- Booklets featuring Opera Librettos
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A five-disc boxed-set featuring some of the best-loved Gilbert and Sullivan classics, including:
H.M.S. PINAFORE: A sailor falls for the captain's daughter. They become twarted in their attempt to keep their love alive, but a strange twist in the tale offers these lovers another chance.
THE MIKADO: The tale of a wandering minstrel searching for his lost love. Unfortunately his lost love is betrothed to the Lord High Executioner, and our wandering minstrel looks set to become his next victim. However, the minstrel has a few surprises up his sleeve before he faces the chop
THE PIRATES OF PENZANCE: Young Frederic's attempts to shop a group of pirates to the police after he accidently becomes indoctrinated into their number meets with mixed results. Especially when a bevy of beauties appear on the scene.
THE GONDOLIERS: Two gondoliers and 24 potential brides adds up to a whole lot of potential confusion. Especially when it's suddenly discovered that one of the gondoliers is actually a King who was married at birth.
PATIENCE: A poet suddenly finds himself as the object of desire for the lovesick damsel's of Castle Bunthorne. His true love, however, is the local milkmaid, who doesn't understand love or poetry. To make matters worse, when she does start to understand love it looks like a rival poet is going to win her heart.
Classical Music |
Opera Singing |