Shuggie Otis In Session - Great Rhythm & Blues (2-LPs)
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$6.71 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
by Shuggie Otis ~ Inspiration Information / Wings of Love (2-CD) ~ $14.39
Vinyl LP Details
- Number of Records: 2
- Released: March 19, 2009
- Label: Cleopatra
Description by OLDIES.com:
A comprehensive collection of classic Rhythm & Blues tracks featuring multi-instrumentalist session player Shuggie Otis - now available on a 2 vinyl set! Includes classic R&B tracks such as "Louie, Louie", "Shake, Rattle And Roll", "Choo Choo Ch’Boogie", "One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer" and many more with performances by the legendary Johnny Otis, Big Joe Turner, Louis Jordan and others!
- 1.Doin' It - (with Richard Berry)
- 2.Trackin' Machine - (with Richard Berry)
- 3.Louie, Louie - (with Richard Berry)
- 4.Willie And The Hand Jive - (with Johnny Otis)
- 5.Country Girl - (with Johnny Otis)
- 6.Bad Luck Shadow - (with Johnny Otis)
- 7.Shake, Rattle And Roll - (with Big Joe Turner)
- 8.TV Mama - (with Big Joe Turner)
- 9.Big Legged Woman - (with Charles Brown)
- 10.Driftin' Blues - (with Charles Brown)
- 11.Choo Choo Ch' Boogie - (with Louis Jordan)
- 12.I Got The Walkin' Blues - (with Louis Jordan)
- 13.Honeydripper, The (Part 1) - (with Joe Liggins)
- 14.Boom-Chick-A-Boogie - (with Joe Liggins)
- 15.Chicken Shack Boogie - (with Amos Milburn)
- 16.One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer - (with Amos Milburn)
- 17.Did You Ever Love A Woman - (with Gatemouth Moore)
- 18.I'm The Midnight Creeper - (with Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson)
- 19.Sugar - (with Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson)
- 20.Texas Hop - (with Pee Wee Crayton)
- 21.Blues After Hours - (with Pee Wee Crayton)
- 22.I Got A Big Fat Mama - (with Roy Milton)
- 23.Information Blues - (with Roy Milton)
IN SESSION is a compilation of Shuggie Otis' session work as guitarist, bassist and engineer on various classic Rhythm & Blues tracks.
Personnel includes: Shuggie Otis (guitar, piano, organ, bass, background vocals); Pee Wee Crayton (vocals, guitar); Louis Jordan (vocals, alto saxophone); Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson (vocals, saxophone); Johnny Otis (vocals, piano, Fender Rhodes piano, vibraphone, drums); Charles Brown (vocals, piano, organ); Gatemouth Moore, Amos Milburn, Joe Liggins (vocals, piano); Richard Berry (vocals, keyboards); Roy Milton, Big Joe Turner (vocals); Melvin Wonder (guitar); Clifford Solomon (tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone); Irv Cox, Jack Kelso (tenor saxophone); Big Jim Wynn (baritone saxophone); Bob Mitchell, Mark Johnson (trumpet); Gene Conners (trombone); Larry Reed (piano); Edgar Willis (bass); Hootie Galvan (drums).
Producer: Johnny Otis.
Compilation Brian Perera, Athan Maroulis.
Recorded at Hawksound Studios, Los Angles, California between 1973 & 1977. Includes liner notes by Athan Maroulis.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Taken from recordings made during the mid-1970s, IN SESSION features Shuggie Otis playing guitar in his father Johnny Otis's band. Those seeking more of the funky, psychedelic soul found on Otis's excellent INSPIRATION INFORMATION should be forewarned that they won't find it here. This is Otis as a session man, filling out a project called "the Great Rhythm & Blues Oldies" show, spearheaded by his father. The recordings features R&B icons like Louis Jordan and Richard Berry reprising their classic hits (many of which were written or co-written by Otis Sr.). While the tracks don't deliver the kaleidoscopic delights of Shuggie Otis's solo work, IN SESSION is still a satisfying dose of straightforward, soulful '70s R&B.
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE