Nova Sinking the Supership
|You Save:||$1.99 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 56 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 3, 2006
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Wgbh / Pbs
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
Description by WGBH:
The Yamato was the biggest battleship ever to sail the world's oceans. But it only saw action once--in a final, desperate suicide mission that is one of the most dramatic stories of World War II. Today, Yamato lies at the bottom of the East China Sea, sunk by a massive explosion that entombed 3000 Japanese sailors in a colossal naval disaster. Built in secrecy and launched just after the attack on Pearl Harbor, Yamato was almost twice the size of her American counterparts, with the largest guns ever mounted on a warship. However, the Japanese supership was obsolete the day she was launched. As it sank below the waves, the golden age of the battleship, the 20th century's first superweapon, had already faded from history. NOVA joins an international team exploring the grave of this titanic vessel to unlock the secrets of her design and final mission. Featuring powerful interviews with two of the Japanese survivors of the sinking, NOVA reconstructs the fateful last hours that led to the supership's doom.
Battles | Documentary | History | Nova (PBS Series) | Television Programs | World War II
National Geographic - Search for Battleship Bismarck
$11.15 Super Savings
WWII - Submarine Warfare in World War II: Silent Victory...
$6.45 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
NBC News - Deep Throat: Full Story of Watergate (DVD)
79¢ on SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- They Made Me a Criminal / Lady Gangster (DVD) ~ 79¢ on SALE
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Batman (1943) / Batman and Robin (1949) (Complete 1940s Movie Serials Collection) (2-DVD) ~ $5.58 on SALE