SCTV Best of the Early Years (3-DVD)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$30.89 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.10 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 3
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 24, 2006
- Originally Released: 1978
- Label: Shout Factory
- 3-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- (unspecified) - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Robin Duke, Joe Flaherty - Stars, Andrew Alexander - Producer
- "Looking Back With Andrea Martin"
- "The Mackenzie Brothers: Take off, Eh"
- "Andrew Alexander Answers Fan Mail"
- Behind the Scenes
- "Municipal Election"
- "SCTV's 30th Anniversary Special"
- "On the Waterfront Again"
- "Thursday Night Live"
- "My Factory, My Self"
- "Death Motel"
- "Play it Again, Bob"
- "The Sammy Maudlin Show"
- "Hollywood Salutes Its Extras"
- "The Irwin Allen Show"
- "1984 - Big Brother"
- "Two Way TV/Pit Bulls"
- "Midnight Express Special"
- "Dick Cavett"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Joe Flaherty, Rick Moranis, John Candy, Catherine O'Hara, Eugene Levy & Dave Thomas|
An edgier version of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, the Canadian sketch comedy series SCTV premiered in 1977 and ran for three seasons in a half-hour format before being picked up by NBC. Unusual for a sketch comedy series, SCTV's skits were tied together by the framing device of a fictional television network populated by feuding newscasters, dishonest talk show hosts, failed cabaret singers, fishing musicians, and other eccentric show biz types. In between were sketches of biting contemporary satire delivered by an inspired cast of nascent stars like Eugene Levy, Andrea Martin, Rick Moranis, Catherine O'Hara, and the late-great John Candy. This collection presents 15 of the best half-hour episodes from the show's early years, including classics like "Death Motel," "Play it Again, Bob," and "The Sammy Maudlin Show."
Against the Tide: Portrait of a Jazz Legend (With Bonus CD) (DVD)(2)
$13.30 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 23 ratings.
Based on 23 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking DVD:
- NBC News - Deep Throat: Full Story of Watergate (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- #1 Cheerleader Camp (DVD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Kickin' It Shaolin Style (3-DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE