- Number of Discs: 6
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 16 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 28, 2006
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Fox Searchlight
- 6-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English, Spanish, & French
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Episode commentaries by Joss Whedon - Writer/Director; Skip Schoolnik - Director; David Fury, Steven S. Deknight, Juliet Landau, Brent Fletcher, Christian Kane - Writers; David Boreanaz - Actor/Director
- "Hey Kids! It's Smile Time"
- "Angel 100"
- "Angel: Choreography of a Stunt"
- "Angel Unbound: The Gag Reels"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 03/01/2005
"[T]his final season displays some intriguing narrative and tonal shifts."
The fifth season of this popular spinoff of WB's BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER features more battles between the powers of good, evil, and in-between, with storylines that are humorous, hip, and somewhat soap-operatic. After centuries as a practicing vampire, Angel (David Boreanaz) is now motivated by guilt to rid Los Angeles of the multitudes of evil beings that infest it. He leads his team of immortal beings, who are now running the firm of former enemy Wolfram and Hart, in the fight against the forces of darkness. He also must battle his own dark side, which causes him, at times, to lose heart in his pursuit of heroism. In this season, Angel is about to give up, until someone from his past returns to inspire him. Also, a disembodied Spike spends a great deal of time attempting to become corporeal once again. A new liaison with The Powers That Be appears in the form of a young woman named Eve, but is she really who she says she is' Episodes include: "Conviction (1)," "Unleashed," "Hell Bound," "Life of the Party," "The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco," "Harm's Way," "Soul Purpose," "Why We Fight," "A Hole in the World," "Shells," "The Girl in Question," "Power Play," "Not Fade Away," and others.
Good Vs. Evil |
Television Shows |