- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: March 27, 2007
- Originally Released: 1938
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Academy Awards 1931 -
Best Original Screenplay: John Monk Saunders
THE DAWN PATROL is the harrowing tale of World War I British fighter pilots whose jobs are to keep the German planes behind enemy lines. The film is an engaging drama about the stresses and friendships of wartime, with fine performances by an all-star cast.
Theatrical Release |
World War I
- Howard Hughes sued Warners Brothers claiming that the idea for the story of THE DAWN PATROL came from his 1930 film, HELL'S ANGELS. He ultimately lost the suit when it was proven that John Monk Saunders had scripted THE DAWN PATROL for Edmund Goulding with Ronald Colman in mind.