- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 6, 2007
- Originally Released: 1951
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Closed Captioned - English - Optional
- Dolby Digital Mono 1.0 - English
- Subtitles - English, Portuguese - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- "Vintage Oscar-Nomatinated Short 'My Country Tis' of Thee'"
- "Captain Hareblower" - Classic Cartoon
- "Audio Only Bonus: Radio Show Adaptation with Gregory Peck and Virginia Mayo"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 03/16/3007
"Technicolor battle scenes and Robert Farnon's score ultimately pull it through."
A straightforward naval adventure, based on three novels by C.S. Forester, about the heroic, 19th-century British sea captain. The story sails with his ship, the Lydia, through battles with Spain and then France won with wit rather than might. Hornblower still finds time to romance Lady Barbara Wellesley, who roils emotional seas because she's married to his admiral.
High Seas |
Period Piece |
- Color by Technicolor.
- Released theatrically in New York City September, 1951.