- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 52 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 26, 2005
- Originally Released: 1950
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 04/29/2005
"[Doris Day is] quietly touching..."
A successful jazz trumpeter's world crumbles when he marries a destructive society girl. Features Harry James' music dubbed over Douglas' playing.
Description by Warner Home Video:
The tragic life of jazz great Bix Beiderbecke, one of the few white musicians to florish in the mostly black jazz scene.
Adapted from Dorothy Baker's novel, the story of an idealistic young trumpeter who achieves fame and fortune and all the burdens that go along with that.
Essential Cinema |
Music (General) |
Tear Jerker |
Theatrical Release |
- Additional cast: Orley Lindgren (Rick, as a boy) and Walter Reed (Jack Chandler).
- Music Advisor: Harry James.
- Songs performed in the film include:
"The Very Thought of You"
"Too Marvelous for Words"
"I May Be Wrong"
"With a Song in My Heart"
"Can't We Be Friends"
"I Only Have Eyes for You"
- Copyright 1949 Warner Bros. Pictures; renewed 1977.