- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 46 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 6, 2003
- Originally Released: 1969
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Mono - English
- Mono - French
- Mono - Spanish
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"The Church allows this for the sake of safety, but you may not take liberties."
- Sara (SHIRLEY MACLAINE) to Hogan (CLINT EASTWOOD)
After saving a nun from an attempted rape, mercenary Hogan agrees to escort her safely through the desert. But the cigar-smoking Sister Sara has some very unusual habits, quite unlike any woman of God that Hogan's ever seen. And he finds it hard to keep his lustful impulses under control.
Switching Roles |
- Theatrical release: May 28, 1970.
- Shooting location: Mexico.
- Don Siegel fought constantly with producer Marty Rackin throughout the shoot.
- Shirley MacLaine was constantly at odds with Siegel and Eastwood for often arriving on the set late and hung over.
- Siegel used more than 70 camera setups in the attack on the French fort.