- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 1, 2004
- Originally Released: 1937
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
In this tale that mixes nonstop Western drama and action with an old-fashioned love story, Wild Bill Hickok (Gary Cooper) attempts to stop an Indian uprising fueled by white gun runners. Meanwhile, the romance between Hickok and the sassy Calamity Jane heats up!
Fictionalized account of the lives and loves of Wild Bill Hickok, Calamity Jane, and Buffalo Bill Cody as they battle Indians and gun runners across the Great Plains.
- "The Plainsman" was remade for television in 1966 with Don Murray, Dean Stockwell, Abby Dalton, Bradford Dillman, and Leslie Nielson heading the cast.
- Edwin Maxwell served as dialog supervisor.
- Richard Harlan served as associate director.
- Additional Cast: Granville Bates (as Van Ellyn), Purnell Pratt (Captain Wood), Pat Moriarty (Sergeant McGinnis), and Charles Judeis (Tony).