Bite the Bullet
Only 8 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.54 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.45 (45% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Major Dundee ~ $8.69
- The Professionals (Special Edition) ~ $8.69
- The War Wagon ~ $6.95
- The Wind And The Lion ~ $7.67
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 2 hours, 11 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 2, 2002
- Originally Released: 1975
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Candice Bergen, James Coburn, Ben Johnson, Ian Bannen, Jan-Michael Vincent & Paul Stewart|
|Directed by||Richard Brooks|
|Edited by||George Granville|
|Written by||Richard Brooks|
|Composition by||Alex North|
|Produced by||Richard Brooks|
|Director of Photography:||Harry Stradling, Jr.|
Filmed in the classic Western tradition, this tale of a 700-mile horse race in the early 1900s takes its stalwart competitors over some rough western terrain and through various inclement conditions. The wide variety of contestants has differing reasons for entering the grueling race, but each and every one of them has their eyes on the prize: $2,000. The rivals include an honorable Rough Rider (Gene Hackman), a plucky young woman (Candice Bergen), a drifting ex-cowboy (James Coburn), a reckless young bad boy (Jan-Michael Vincent), a wealthy British sportsman (Ian Bannen), and a Pony Express rider (Ben Johnson). As the disparate band of competitors sets out on the harsh and grueling desert ride, each person is forced to respect one another and work together as they endure a wide variety of dangerous conditions. This episodic tale features gorgeous cinematography of miles of barren and lone wasteland shot in contrast to the live-wire pageantry of the race, teeming with gritty scenes of the rough wild West full of hucksters, hustlers, and bawdy barmaids whooping it up until dawn.
A great mid-1970s cast holds fort in this Western tale of a test of endurance in a 1900s wasteland. A railroad company sponsors a unique competition: a grueling Denver-to-Kansas City horse race that tests the motivation and determination of a motley collection of competitors. The rivals come to respect each other as they endure one beautifully photographed hardship after another. The film features riveting performances by Gene Hackman, James Coburn, and Candice Bergen, among others.
Adventure | On-The-Road | Recommended | Theatrical Release
- Filmed on location in New Mexico.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 41 ratings.
Based on 41 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Edition) (DVD + CD Soundtrack) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Herbie Hancock Possibilities (DVD + Music CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Leeches (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Dirty Dozen / Stalag 17 (2-DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE