- Released: August 16, 1999
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Collector's Choice
- 1.The Midnight Special
- 2.Darlin' Sportin' Jenny
- 3.Whoa, Back Buck
- 4.The Thinking Man, John Henry
- 5.Across The Sea
- 6.Variation On An Old English Theme
- 7.I Am A Roving Gambler
- 8.Run, Come See Jerusalem
- 9.First Battalion
- 12.Rock Island Line
- 13.The Song Of The Ox Driver
- 14.Brandy Wine Blues
- 15.Since My Canary Died
- 16.Just A Little Rain (Low Down You Big Thunderhead)
- 17.Winken, Blinken And Nod
- 18.A Symphonic Variation (The Violins Play Along)
- 19.Wish I Was In Bowling Green
- 20.Brady, Brady, Brady
- 21.Island In The Sun
- 22.Boa Constrictor
- 23.The Beast (Song Of The Punch Press Operator)
- 24.The New Frankie And Johnny Song
- 25.25 Minutes To Go
2 LPs on 1 CD: IN PERSON (1962)/CROSS-COUNTRY CONCERT (1963).
Principally recorded at Vanderbuilt University, Nashville, Tennessee on February 19, 1962. Originally released on Columbia (8628).
Producer: Irving Townsend.
Recorded in Hollywood, California on November 19, 1962. Originally released on Columbia (8746).
Excellent and very logical pairing of two classic LPs on one CD -- both were recorded in concert and feature the group in good form, singing beautifully and presenting generally light-hearted folk standards ("Winken, Blinken & Nod," etc.), along with the group's one big hit, "Greenfields," in what is probably its best released version. A fond and spirited look back at folk music as entertainment, and potentially a far more rewarding look at the group than either its greatest-hits or best-of compilations. ~ Bruce Eder