- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 12, 2009
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.66
- Dolby Digital Mono - English, French, Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Uncut - 04/01/2005
"[T]his late Burt Lancaster western is most memorable for the crucifixion that sparks his revenge."
After shooting a wrongfully accused man during a tense stand-off, constable Bob Valdez realizes that the fugitive's pregnant Indian girlfriend has been left without anyone to support her. So he decides to ask everyone involved in the shootout to put together $100 for the squaw. However, this doesn't please Tanner, the posse's ill-tempered leader, who publicly ridicules Valdez, and has him severely beaten by his goons.
The quiet and unassuming Valdez retreats just long enough to recuperate, and when he returns, he goes after Tanner with a bloody vengeance.
Race Relations |
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Directorial debut for Edwin Sherin.
- Shot on location in Spain.