- Released: May 29, 2000
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Collector's Choice
- 2.On Treasure Island
- 3.Christopher Columbus (A Rhythm Cocktail)
- 4.Sing, Baby, Sing
- 5.Where The Lazy River Goes By
- 6.There's A Lull In My Life
- 7.It's Swell Of You
- 8.I'm Coming Virginia
- 9.You're My Desire
- 10.Remember Me?
- 11.You Can't Stop Me From Dreaming
- 12.You Brought A New Kind Of Love To Me
- 13.Ain't Misbehavin'
- 14.Moments Like This
- 15.Jungle Love
- 16.Laugh And Call It Love
- 17.On The Bumpy Road To Love
- 19.Love Grows On The White Oak Tree
- 20.Wham (Re-Bop-Boom-Bam)
- 21.In The Mood
- 22.China Boy
- 23.A Touch Of Boogie
- 24.B Flat Swing
Personnel includes: Teddy Wilson, Redd Harper, Midge Williams, Helen Ward, Boots Castle, Frances Hurt, Nan Wynn, Thelma Carpenter.
Includes liner notes by Scott Yanow.
Personnel: Teddy Wilson (piano); Redd Harper, Helen Ward, Frances Hunt, J.C. Heard, Midge Williams, Nan Wynn, Thelma Carpenter, Billie Holiday (vocals); Archie Rosate, Buster Bailey (clarinet); Johnny Hodges (alto saxophone); Vido Musso (tenor saxophone); Chris Griffin (trumpet); Harry James (bass trumpet); Benny Morton (trombone); Lionel Hampton (vibraphone); Cozy Cole (drums).
Liner Note Author: Scott Yanow.
Recording information: 10/07/1935-07/31/1942.
Photographer: Wayne Knight.
The majority of the tracks on Best of Teddy Wilson and His Orchestra are actually recordings of Teddy Wilson's performances while he was in Benny Goodman's band. Nevertheless, it's an enjoyable selection of swing music from a great big band, half of which feature such all-but-forgotten vocalists as Nan Wynn and Boots Castle. The songs on this collection were all recorded for the Brunswick and Columbia labels between 1935 and 1942. ~ Joslyn Layne