Duel in the Sun
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 12, 2009
- Originally Released: 1946
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Gregory Peck, Joseph Cotten & Jennifer Jones|
|Performer:||Lionel Barrymore, Lillian Gish, Walter Huston, Charles Bickford, Herbert Marshall, Joan Tetzel, Otto Kruger, Sidney Blackmer & Tilly Losch|
|Directed by||King Vidor, B. Reeves Eason & Otto Brower|
|Edited by||Hal C. Kern, William H. Ziegler, John Faure & Charles Freeman|
|Screenwriting by||Oliver H. P. Garrett & David O. Selznick|
|Composition by||Dimitri Tiomkin|
|Cinematography by||Lee Garmes, Charles P. Boyle & Allen M. Davey|
|Art Direction by||James Basevi|
|Story by||Niven Busch|
|Produced by||David O. Selznick|
|Director of Photography:||Harold Rosson & Ray Rennahan|
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 2.Impressive Instant
- 3.Runaway Lover
- 4.I Deserve It
- 6.Nobody's Perfect
- 7.Don't Tell Me
- 8.What It Feels Like for a Girl
- 9.Paradise (Not for Me)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Music [Deep Dish Dot Com Remix]
- 2.Music [HQ2 Club Mix]
- 3.Don't Tell Me [Timo Maas Mix]
- 4.Don't Tell Me [Tracy Young Club Mix]
- 5.What If Feels Like for a Girl [Paul Oakenfield Perfecto Mix]
- 6.Lo Que Siente la Mujer (What It Feels Like for a Girl)
- Theatrical release: December 31, 1946.
- Daniel Selznick, the son of producer David O. Selznick, said that his father was obsessed with remaking GONE WITH THE WIND and that this film was the closest he came to that desire.
- In King Vidor's autobiography, A TREE IS A TREE, he wrote about his experience with Selznick. Vidor claims that Selznick rewrote scenes several times and would show up on the set after he had finished filming a scene and ask Vidor to film it again because his rewrite was better.
- Vidor and Selzick battled constantly during the making of the film before the director finally quit in frustration.
- William Dieterle and Josef von Sternberg were brought in to shoot parts of the film.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 101 ratings.
"Duel in the Sun" is one rootin, tootin, shoot'em up, bang-bang cowboy movie! It is a David O. Selznick and King Vidor movie extraordinare. This story has it all...horny old men, horny young men, lusty women, horse stampedes, cavalry, and even an old crippled cowboy that gets dragged by his horse. This movie begs for you to hunker down with your sweetie, enjoy a nice glass of cabernet and take it all in.
© 2017 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.