|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Movies 4 You: Western Classics (The Lone Gun, Ride Out For Revenge, Gunsight Ridge & Gun Belt) ~ $7.72
- The San Francisco Story ~ $5.04
- Seven Men from Now (Special Collector's Edition) ~ $5.21
- Wichita (Widescreen) ~ $14.39 (Save 20%)
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: May 24, 2005
- Originally Released: 1944
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.37
- Dolby Digital Surround - English
- Mono - Spanish, French
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Edgar Buchanan, Maureen O'Hara, Linda Darnell, Thomas Mitchell, Anthony Quinn & Moroni Olsen|
|Directed by||William A. Wellman|
|Edited by||James B. Clark|
|Written by||Aeneas MacKenzie, Cecile Kramer & Clemente Ripley|
|Composition by||David Buttolph|
|Cinematography by||Leon Shamroy|
|Produced by||Harry Sherman|
William Wellman skillfully directs the life story of William F. Cody, who's better known as Buffalo Bill. Based on a story by Frank Winch, there is plenty of action as the stages of his life unfold. The journey begins with his early years as an Indian fighter, jumps to his days as a scout and campaigner for Indian rights, and culminates in a display of his later years of Wild West showmanship. The full-on conflict between the U.S. Cavalry and the Cheyenne tribe at War Bonnet Gorge, in which Cody finds himself going head to head with his former Indian friend, is one of the most riveting sequences in the film. Joel McCrea is completely convincing in the title role, and Maureen O' Hara is both earnest and sensual as the senator's daughter who becomes his wife. The film is escapist in the best sense, revealing a number of colorful exterior panoramas. The rest of the solid cast, which includes Linda Darnell as a schoolteacher who loves Cody, keeps this light fare worthwhile.
BUFFALO BILL is the story of famed Wild West showman William Cody. The picture covers Bill's early years as a friend of the Cheyenne Indians, as a war hero in the U.S. Cavalry's fight against them, and as a showbiz star in his later life.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE