- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 5 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 24, 1998
- Originally Released: 1975
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Norman Jewison - Director
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Games: Rollergame
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 07/01/2000
"...The violent Rollerball sequences, which caused a storm in the '70s, have lost little of their bone-crunching power..."
In the year 2018, corporations rule a world where there is no crime or war... only the game of Rollerball, a violent combination of football, rollerblading and hockey. The man who has been the champion player for over ten years has become too good, and the corporation, apprehensive of his skill and popularity, wants him to retire. He resists, and the authorities decide he must be stopped -- whatever the cost.
Rollerball is a rough contact sport played in the 21st century where the world is controlled by huge corporations. Caan plays a rollerball team leader whose independent nature shakes the corporate political structure.
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release: June 25, 1975.
- Shot in Munich, Germany and Pinewood Studios, London, England.