- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 22 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 12, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: 20th Century Fox
Note: Transferred Directly From Original Digital Master.
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Single Side - Dual Layer
- Dolby Digital 5.1 EX - English
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - French
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - Spanish
Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary - 1. George Lucas - Writer/Director, Rick McCallum - Producer, Benn Burtt - Sound Designer, Rob Coleman - Animation Director, Pablo Helman - Visual Effects Supervisor, John Knoll - Visual Effects Supervisor, Ben Snow - Visual Effects Supervisor
- Hidden Features - 1. Easter Egg
- Trailers - 1. "Cavalcade" (THX)
- Deleted Scenes (8; Introduced by George Lucas - Writer/Director, Rick McCallum - Producer, Benn Burtt - Sound Designer)
Music Video - 1. "Across the Stars" - Featuring John Williams
- FROM PUPPETS TO PIXELS
- STATE OF THE ART: THE PREVISUALIZATION OF EPISODE TWO
- FILMS ARE NOT RELEASED; THEY ESCAPE
- Story Line Featurette
- Love Story Featurette
- Action Sequences Featurette
- Original Web Documentaries (12)
Hidden Features - 1. Easter Egg
Additional Footage - 1. Visual Effects Breakdown Montage
- Theatrical Teaser
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Launch Trailer
- TV Spots (12)
- R2-D2: BEANEATH THE DOME
- Photo Gallery
- Original Poster Art
- Additional Advertising Stills
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Hayden Christensen &
Oliver Ford Davies,
Samuel L. Jackson,
Christopher Lee &
George Lucas &
Director of Photography:
Executive Production by
USA Today - 05/15/2002
"...No screen fantasy-adventure in recent memory has the showmanship of CLONES' last 45 minutes..."
Rolling Stone - 06/06/2002
"...CLONES is crammed with action, grand digital design and a dark side Lucas hasn't flaunted since 1980's THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK..."
Los Angeles Times - 05/13/2002
"...[The film has] an impressive parade of eye-catching splendors..."
Variety - 05/13/2002
"...George Lucas has reached deep into the trove of his self-generated mythological world to produce a grand entertainment that offers a satisfying balance among the series' epic, narrative, technological and emotional qualities..."
Box Office - 07/01/2002
"...[Portman] is as engaging and likable as her talent promises. Christensen giftedly captures the pouty bull-headedness of his character....[Yoda] exhibits polished expressiveness..."
In the second installment of the Star Wars series, EPISODE II--ATTACK OF THE CLONES, Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) is now a teenage Jedi apprentice to Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor). Together they must protect Senator Padme Amidala (Natalie Portman) from a militant group of political activists that is trying to assassinate her. This group is led by the evil Count Dooku (Christopher Lee). Among other troubles, Anakin faces some hard choices as he begins to fall for Padme, knowing this love is forbidden by the Jedi knights' creed. In addition, Anakin begins to show his rebellious attraction to the dark side--which will eventually conquer him, when he becomes the future Darth Vader.
The story is set 10 years after STAR WARS EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM MENACE, and there are appearances by some of PHANTOM's characters, including Jar Jar Binks. CLONES also brings back familiar faces from the original STAR WARS: the lovable droids R2D2 and C3PO, and Yoda, who plays a key role in this film. Lucas creates an impressive array of beautifully rendered alien planets and beings, sleek spaceships, and dazzling effects; he remains at the head of the class in terms of technical ability and visual imagination. The film's climactic final sequences show the magic with which CLONES' earns its place as part of the beloved STAR WARS series.
Coming Of Age |
Essential Cinema |
Good Vs. Evil |
Love Story |
- Theatrical Release Date: May 16, 2002 (Wide)