- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: March 5, 2002
- Originally Released: 1940
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - French
- Dolby Digital Mono - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Additional Audio Material: Radio Broadcast Shows
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Two bachelors (Bing Crosby and Bob Hope), who have sworn off women, are hiding out in Singapore. The scenery gets steamy when a saronged and beautiful woman (Dorothy Lamour) hires on as their housekeeper.
The first of the Hope and Crosby "Road Movies."
Josh Mallon and his best buddy Ace Lannigan are avowed playboys. They won't even consider getting married. But Josh's shipping magnate father is tired of his prodigal son's whimsical ways. So he forces him to settle down and get a job. Rebellious to the bone, Josh puts and end to those plans when -- on the eve of his big engagement party -- he and Ace set sail for Singapore. They accidentally wind up in Kaigoon instead but these free-spirited bachelors couldn't care less. Unfettered by money or responsibility, they're as happy as can be. Their trouble begins when they both fall in love with the same lovely native lass.
Comedy Teams |
Love Affairs |
- Released theatrically in the USA March 1940.
- Additional composer: James V. Monaco.