- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 12, 2004
- Originally Released: 1961
- Label: Sony Pictures
Encoding: Region (unknown)
Packaging: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen for High Definition
- Subtitles - English, French - Optional
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Lemmon commands a broken-down sailing ship that effectively challenges the imperial Japanese Navy in this unusual World War II comedy.
Loosely based on a true war story, this film tells how a pitiful warship, run by an unlikely naval officer and a sorry excuse for a crew, manage to transport a spy through enemy-occupied territory.
World War II
- According to Variety, the story has it orgins in a World War II story by Herbert Carlson. It was adapted into a screenplay by Herbert Margolis and William Raynor.
- Shot in Cinemascope.