- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 23 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 8, 2003
- Originally Released: 1959
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 08/16/1996
"...Sellers is a hoot in all three parts..." -- Rating: B
Adapted from Leonard Wibberley's satirical novel, the world's smallest country, the Duchy of Grand Fenwick, keeps their economy afloat by exporting their wine, Pinot Grand Fenwick, to America. When the state of California bottles a cheaper version, Pinot Grand Enwick, bankruptcy looms its ugly head for the tiny Duchy, so it decides to wage war against America. Peter Sellers adroitly plays three separate roles in this classic of comedic British cinema.
Switching Roles |
Theatrical Release |
- Released theatrically in the UK July 17, 1959.
- British actor Peter Sellers, plays three different roles in this film: Duchess Gloriana of Fenwick, Prime Minister Count Rupert Mountjoy, and Tully Bascombe.
- Shot in Eastman Color by Pathe.
- Additional credits: Jon Penington (associate producer); James Ward (production manager); and Philip Shipway (assistant director).
- Copyright 1959 Open Road Films Ltd.