- Rated: Unrated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: July 5, 2005
- Originally Released: 1966
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Mono - English
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioning
- Subtitles - Japanese - Optional
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"God always has another custard pie up his sleeve."
- Georgy (Lynn Redgrave)
This critically acclaimed sixties comedy features a fine performance by Redgrave as a shy, prudent girl who is exposed to the loose morals of her wild roommate in swinging London. Academy Award Nominations: 4, including Best Actress--Lynn Redgrave.
A dowdy British lass overcomes her physical and social liabilities with a spunky joie de vivre and overall sassy attitude. Even when strapped with the responsibility of raising her roommate's unwanted child, Georgy is rescued by a marriage to a handsome and wealthy widower who is captivated by her plucky charm. A modern Cinderella story for plain-Janes everywhere.
- Marks the feature film directorial debut for former television director Silvio Narizzano.
- First starring role for Lynn Redgrave. She was co-winner of the New York Film Critics Award for Best Actress in 1966 for her performance. She tied with Elizabeth Taylor in "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf'"
- Shown at the 1966 Berlin Film Festival, where it received the Catholic Award.
- Originally rated BBFC X.