- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 23, 2002
- Originally Released: 1969
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Academy Awards 1969 -
Best Supporting Actress: Goldie Hawn
Bachelor dentist Julian Winston (Walter Matthau) wants an excuse to keep from marrying his flighty younger girlfriend, Jill (Goldie Hawn), so he calls upon his stoic receptionist, Stephanie (Ingrid Bergman) to masquerade as his wife. Much to his surprise, Stephanie emerges from her shell during the process, which complicates matters for the already bewildered ladies' man. This comedy gem, adapted from a hit Broadway play, earned Goldie Hawn a Best Supporting Actress Oscar.
When Dr. Julian Winston decides to let go of his young mistress, he simply tells her that he's happily married. Julian has come up with a makeshift wife by convincing Stephanie Dickinson, his prim and proper secretary, to pose as Mrs. Winston. However, as Stephanie begins to enjoy her new role, her boss unexpectantly realizes he's falling in love with her.
Love Triangle |
- Color by Technicolor.
- Abe Burrows' play is based on the French play by Barillet and Gredy.
- Lauren Bacall and Barry Nelson starred in the successful stage version produced by David Merrick.