- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 3, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: New Line Home Video
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Single Side - Dual Layer
- Dolby Digital EX 5.1 - English
- Dolby DTS ES 6.1 - English
- Dolby Stereo Surround - English
Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary - 1. Jay Roach - Director, Mike Myers - Star/Producer/Screenwriter
Alternate Subtitle Track - 1. Fact Track (Trivia with Direct Access to Additional Features)
Deleted/Alternate Scenes (with Optional Director Audio Commentary)
Featurettes - 1. THE WORLD OF AUSTIN POWERS (4 Parts)
- MI-6: INTERNATIONAL MEN OF MYSTERY
- FASHION VS. FICTION
- DISCO FEVER
- ENGLISH, ENGLISH
Anatomy of a Scene (3 Parts)
- a. Jay Roach & Mike Myers - Creative Convergence
- b. Confluence of Characters
- c. Opening Stunts
- d. The Cars of AUSTIN POWERS IN GOLDMEMBER
Visual Effects Segment
- a. Dancing at the Gates
- b. Roller Disco
- c. Sumo Battle
- Beyonce Knowles "Work It Out"
- Britney Spears "Boys"
- Ming Tea "Daddy Wasn't There"
- Dr. Evil and Mini-Me "Hard Knock Life"
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Original Theatrical Teaser
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
DVD-ROM Features: (PC Only)
- Interactual Player
- Re-voice Studio (Record Dialogue to 12 Scenes)
- Weblink - 1. Exclusive Access to On-Line Infinifilm Features
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 07/26/2002
"...Down-and-out funny....One of the crucial delights of GOLDMEMBER is Mr. Myers's obvious continued pleasure in inhabiting his creation....After three editions, it's still flying high..."
Los Angeles Times - 07/26/2002
"...Knowles has a pleasant screen presence..."
USA Today - 07/26/2002
"...The POWERS team has fashioned a comedy with more laughs than many..."
Entertainment Weekly - 08/02/2002
"...The movie is remarkably spry and inspired....Mike Myers and Austin Powers may stick to their old Beatle boots, but they've both come a long way, luvvy..."
Box Office - 09/01/2002
"...Inventive and offbeat....[With] wall-to-wall comedy of a sort found only in the mind of Mike Myers. And the supporting cast is, indeed, wonderful..."
Sight and Sound - 09/01/2002
"...The Powers films work because of a sustained barrage of gags....The laugh-per-minute ratio is higher here than in any other currently running series of comedy star vehicles..."
AUSTIN POWERS IN GOLDMEMBER, the third movie in the Austin Powers series, stars Mike Myers in director Jay Roach's James Bond, Sci-Fi, 1970s, funkadelic formula--a hyper-stylized backdrop to what is ultimately Myers' one-man show.
GOLDMEMBER is a family affair. Austin has a few unresolved issues with his dear old dad, Nigel Powers (the dead ringer Michael Caine, who is also a good sport), and he hopes to work out some Freudian tension when he's not saving the world from the forces of evil. Myers flexes his actor muscles and portrays a more thoughtful, and--is it even possible--a slightly less geeky Austin in this film. Likewise, even the bad guys show some new personality: Dr. Evil reveals a penchant for talking like a hip-hop, wise-ass homeboy, and the new villain Goldmember (the latest in Myers' repertoire) is an enigmatic amputee with a heart of gold who speaks with a Dutch accent and eats his own peeling skin. If that's not disgusting enough, Fat Bastard, the greasy behemoth from the THE SPY WHO SHAGGED ME, appears again in GOLDMEMBER, delving into new and nasty scatological territory. But the joke's on us, because GOLDMEMBER's toilet humor is so extreme that it dissolves into a harmless fit of giggles, keeping viewers laughing from start to finish.
- Theatrical release date: July 26, 2002.
- GOLDMEMBER manages to spoof classic films left and right. Some of those referenced include: GOLDFINGER, SINGIN' IN THE RAIN, CASINO ROYALE, THE IPCRESS FILE, and THE ITALIAN JOB.
- Star Beyonce Knowles (of Destiny's Child fame) sings one number in the movie, in which she really belts it out and shows off her talent.
- Britney Spears makes a cameo in which her head blows up.