- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 2, 2004
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Stereo Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 10/21/1988
"...Droll and imaginative enough to generate a steady stream of chuckles, punctuated by outright laughs....This handsome production re-creates its late Victorian era with apparent ease and perfection..."
WITHOUT A CLUE presents an original twist on the famous Sherlock Holmes-Dr. John Watson stories of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. This time, Dr. Watson's the one with a talent for solving mysteries, while Holmes is nothing but his fictional creation. After inventing the sleuth in a series of popular stories based on crimes he's solved, Dr. Watson decides to satisfy the public's desire to see Holmes by hiring actor Reginald Kincaid to masquerade as the brilliant detective. Soon however Dr. Watson grows to despise the bumbling Kincaid, so he ends their partnership and comes up with a new character modeled after himself. But the new creation just doesn't go over well with the public and the doctor must once again depend upon Kincaid -- just in time to solve a new mystery. Then Watson suddenly vanishes... leaving Holmes to solve the case on his own.
- Color by Rank; prints by CFI.
- Additional cast: Pat Keen (Mrs. Hudson); Tim Killick (Sebastian); and Matthew Savage (Wiggins).