- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 17 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 18, 2001
- Originally Released: 1961
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital Mono - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Annie (Bette Davis), an aging apple-seller, passes herself off as a woman of wealth in order to impress her daughter. Young Louise (Ann-Margret) has just returned from years in Spain and hopes to marry into the well to-do family of a Count. Assisting Annie in her comic charade is a motley group of small-time-gangsters who love Annie and would do anything to help her. Director Frank Capra re-made his own LADY FOR A DAY for this, his final film.
"Pocketful of Miracles" is Frank Capra's remake of his own 1933 film, "Lady for a Day." Bette Davis stars as Apple Annie, a poor street vendor concealing her lowly social position from her long lost daughter who's grown up and married an affluent man.
Essential Cinema |
Scams And Cons |
Switching Roles |
- Ann-Margret made her film debut with "Pocketful of Miracles."
- Director Frank Capra's final film.
- Remake of "Lady for a Day" (1933) directed by Frank Capra.