- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 4, 2002
- Originally Released: 1981
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 04/17/1981
"...Cheery, playful....Very entertaining..."
Uncut - 09/01/2004
"A must-have for Beatles completists."
A comedy set in prehistoric times about a group of outcasts who form a tribe called the "Misfits." The film makes innovative use of pantomime, since the actors do not speak English, but instead speak a primitive language developed for the film.
In this spoof of prehistoric times, a bunch of misfit cavemen who have been ousted from their various tribes band together and form their own. The gang embarks on various misadventures and in the process learns about walking upright, using tools, creating fire -- and the true meaning of friendship.