- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 22, 1997
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1- English
- Dolby Digital Stereo - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Background Information on the Stars
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Don't you know you are the scum of society"' - Keung (Chan) to the group of hoodlums who have just trashed his friend's market.
Sight and Sound - 07/01/1997
USA Today - 02/23/1996
"...[Jackie Chan] performs showy stunts in brilliantly timed action scenes that have earned him justified comparison with silent comics..." -- 3 out of 4 stars
Entertainment Weekly - 03/29/1996
"...[A] Bruce Lee-meets Fred Astaire-meets-TOM AND JERRY brand of lickety-split balletic mayhem."
Variety - 07/24/1995
"...An enjoyable comedy-actioner....Chan wins his usual stripes for death-defying stunts..."
Los Angeles Times - 02/23/1996
"...Chan is a practiced and acrobatic marital arts operative, so quick and lethal with hands and feet he was once groomed as the likely successor to kick-meister Bruce Lee..."
A Chinese tourist who goes up against a gang of vicious, motorcycle-riding hoodlums.
Martial Arts |
- Released theatrically in the USA February 23, 1996. The film grossed $29.2 million domestically.
- A Raymond Chow production.
- Additional cast: Bai Cheun-wai; Garvin Cross; Morgan Lam; Chan Man-ching; Kris Lord; Richard Faraci; Yueh Hua; Jamie Luk; and Ko Hung.
- Additional credits: Lydia Stante and Adelon Papen (assistant directors).
- The film was re-edited and dubbed into English for its American release.
- In Hong Kong, the film earned $7.7 million during the Chinese New Year, and it became the highest-grossing movie of all time in China.
- In English and Cantonese with some subtitles.
- Although set in New York City, the movie was shot mainly in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Copyright 1996 New Line Productions, Inc.