- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 22, 2000
- Originally Released: 1985
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- "Jump To A Nightmare" Scene Selections
- DVD-ROM Features:
- Cast, Crew, Trivia Info, and More
- Trivia Game
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 11/01/1985
"...Clever special effects, a good leading performance and a villain so chatty he practically makes this a human-interest story....Scary, but not without touches of humor..."
Variety - 10/30/1985
"...Well-made....An imaginative series of special effects....Reprising his monster role, Robert Englund is a frightening addition to the horror pantheon..."
Los Angeles Times - 01/17/1986
"...The production shows care and talent..."
A rotting, corpse-like creature returns from the dead, possessing the body of a young man and forcing him to commit unspeakable acts of violence.
In this sequel to the box-office smash "A Nightmare on Elm Street," Freddy Krueger's back and still out for revenge. The story unfolds five years later, as Jesse Walsh, a new teen in town, moves into the house that previously belonged to Nancy, the heroine of the first movie.
Jesse remains blissfully unaware of the supernatural presence haunting the house -- until Freddy starts invading his dreams. The undead creature wants to take over Jesse's body and renew his murderous vendetta against the local kids.
In a last, anguished attempt to save his own and his friends' lives, Jesse gathers his pals together to fight Freddy off and destroy him, once and for all.
Demonic Possession |
Theatrical Release |
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Budget estimate $2.2 million.
- Began shooting June 26, 1985.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Censors.