- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 17 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 17, 2004
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo 2.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: Building the Killbots
- Audio Commentary: Jim Wynorski - Director/Co-Writer, Steve Mitchell - Writer
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Trust me, absolutely nothing can go wrong." (Dr. Simon, Head of Development for Secure-Tronics)
"I guess I'm just not used to being chased around a mall in the middle of the night by killer robots." (Linda to her friends)
Three high-tech Robots programmed to run security at a shopping mall go berserk one night after being jolted by an electrical shock and terrorize a group of teenagers trapped in the mall over night.
A group of teenagers remain in a suburban shopping mall after closing, but are surprised to find that the mall's new automated security force is trying to kill them.
- Filmed on location in the Sherman Oaks Galleria in California.
- Film contains a number of "in-jokes," including the cameo appearance of Paul Bartel and Mary Woronov as local restauranteurs the Blands, as well as a sequence filmed in a store called Roger's Little House of Pets.