- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 19, 2003
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 03/08/1991
"...[The film] has a saving wit and style and overall sheer outrageousness that's just right for the midnight circuit....The sequel is every bit as amusing as the original..."
Eight months after the Miskatonic Massacre, the experimenting team of Dr. West and Dr. Cain are up to their old tricks. This time, instead of re-animating the dead, they are going to create new life--in the form of a beautiful composite companion for good doctor West. But can they control their grisly inventions' Available in "R" and unrated versions.
Gore-filled sequel to the cult favorite "Re-Animator." Here, the demented Dr. West creates a beautiful woman for himself, using assorted, bloody, body parts. But when Dr. West's other re-animated creations stage an assault upon West, gore and blood (to the extreme) are the result. Will the doctor and his bride live happily ever after'
Mad Doctor |
- Shot in Foto-Kem color, using Ultra-Stereo.
- Special makeup and visual effects were also done by Screaming Mad George. Supervisors for Magical Media Industries are John Carl Buechler and Anthony Doublin; for KNB EFX, Robert Kurtzman, Greg Nicotero and Howard Berger.
- David Allen was in charge of stop-motion animation. Special mechanical effects by Wayne Beauchamp.
- Rest of the cast were Fabiana Udenio (Francesca) and Irene Forrest (The Nurse).