- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours
- Video: Color
- Released: June 19, 2007
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Immortal
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- DTS - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Late Brazilian jazz pioneer Antonio Carlos Jobim is captured here in his last recorded concert featuring such classic compositions as "Girl From Ipanema" and "Chega De Suadade (No More Blues)." Herbie Hancock performs and emcees. Adapting the percussive excitement of the samba to the intimacy of the guitar while echoing the
melodies and harmonies of Cool Jazz, Jobim's new sound quickly became a staple ingredient in the jazz cookbook, and in 1991 Jobim was inducted into the
Songwriter's Hall of Fame.
- 1.Once I Loved (Ft Shirley Horn)
- 2.Agua De Beber (Ft Gonzalo Rubalcaba)
- 3.Olha Maria (Ft Gonzalo Rubalcaba)
- 4.O Grande Amor (Ft Joe Henderson & Gonzalo Rubalcaba)
- 5.Chega De Saudade (No More Blues) (Ft Jon Hendricks, Herbie Hancock & Ron Carter)
- 6.Felicidade (Ft Gal Costa & Herbie Hancock)
- 7.Se Todos Fossem Iguias A Voce (Ft Gal Costa)
- 9.Wave (Ft Herbie Hancock)
- 10.Garota De Ipanema (Girl From Ipanema) (Ensemble)
This salute to the father of Bossa Nova, Antonio Carlos Jobim, features performances by Jobim himself, as well as jazz great Herbie Hancock, Shirley Horn, Joe Henderson, Gal Costa and others.
Jazz Fusion |
Jazz Musicians |
Music (General) |
- This tribute video includes the last recorded concert performance of Antonio Carlos Jobim, who died on December 8, 1994.
- Produced in Brazil.
- Songs include:
"Girl from Ipanema"
"Chega de Saudade (No More Blues)"
"Once I Loved"
"Se Todos Fossem Iguais a Voce"
"Agua de Beber"
"O Grande Amor"