- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 51 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 8, 1998
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Dimension
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Collectors Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes
- Q & A with Cast & Crew
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Wes Craven - Director
- Kevin Williamson - Screenwriter
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Biographies: Cast & Crew
- Film Facts
- Production Art: Special Effects
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 12/16/1996
"...In addition to a strong surface sheen, Craven has put together a strong ensemble cast..."
Entertainment Weekly - 01/10/1997
"...A deft, funny, shrewdly unsettling tribute..."
Los Angeles Times - 12/20/1996
"...It's sensational in both sense of the word: a bravura, provocative sendup of horror pictures that's also scary and gruesome..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 12/20/1996
"...The movie itself, for all of its ironic in-jokes, also functions as a horror film -- a bloody and gruesome one, that uses as many cliches as it mocks..."
Total Film - 01/01/2004
"SCREAM revived a genre that had been dead since the late '80s."
A hyper-intelligent serial killer preys on the teenage denizens of a small town, using their fascination with horror movie conventions to set up his diabolical doings. An intelligent, well-crafted thriller from the creator of "A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET." The deluxe version contains a behind-the-scenes featurette and running audio commentary from Craven.
The teenage denizens of a quiet small town find their calm lives shattered when a brilliant, twisted psycho killer uses his love of horror movie conventions to set up his victims. A clever, often funny thriller from the creators of "A Nightmare on Elm Street." Don't open the door!
- Released theatrically in the USA December 20, 1996.