- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 46 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 20, 2001
- Originally Released: 1977
- Label: Criterion
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.77
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Production Interviews: Peter Weir - Director
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 12/19/1978
"...An impressive work...Nice performances from [the] cast, especially from [Chamberlain]..."
An ethereal, atmospheric film about the possibility of an environmental catastrophe.
When a young aborigine is murdered, a Sydney lawyer defends the accused men to save them from tribal retribution. But once the attorney begins investigating the case, he starts having disturbing dreams and strange encounters. His visions lead him to a remote, sacred monument with cryptic markings, and to the realization that he's a clairvoyant descendent of an ancient tribe. Slowly, the pieces to this puzzle begin to add up, as he's able to link a string of unusual happenings and predict the cataclysmic tidal wave to come.
Essential Cinema |
- Theatrical Release: February 1979.
- Shot on location in South Australia and New South Wales.