The Jetsons - Rockin' with Judy Jetson (Hanna-Barbera Classic Collection)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.13 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.86 (38% Off)|
- A Flintstone Christmas Collection (Full Screen) ~ $11.13
- The Flintstones: Hollyrock-A-Bye Baby (Full Screen) ~ $11.13
- The Flintstones: I Yabba Dabba Do! (Full Screen) ~ $11.13
- The Jetsons - Season 2 - Volume 2 (3-Disc) ~ $22.26
- The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones (Hanna-Barbera Classic Collection) ~ $11.13
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 23, 2011
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.37
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Paul Sommer|
|Music by||Sven Libaek|
|Voice:||Janet Waldo, George O'Hanlon, Penny Singleton, Rob Paulsen, Don Messick, Jean Vander Pyl, B.J. Ward, Charles Adler, Hamilton Camp, Peter Cullen, Pat Musick, Daws Butler, Ruth Buzzi & Mel Blanc|
|Executive Production by||William Hanna & Joseph Barbera|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
This animated 1988 made-for-television movie is based on the animated TV series The Jetsons. The program is a sitcom about the antics of a family living in a future time. The family consists of George Jetson (George O’Hanlon), his wife Jane (Penny Singleton), their teenage daughter Judy (Janet Waldo) and young son Elroy (Daws Butler).
Teenager Judy Jetson has a big crush on Sky Rocker (Rob Paulsen), the coolest rock performer in the galaxy. When Judy and her friends go to the airport to greet the arriving Rocker, Judy gives him a copy of a song she wrote for him. Young Rocker develops an immediate crush on the lovely Judy and decides to perform her song.
Due to a mix-up at the airport, however, Judy’s song is switched with a coded message of Felonia Funk (Ruth Buzzi), who hates music. The message when decoded will tell Ms. Funk the directions to a rare element with which she can control minds and put an end to music that she so despises.
When Rocker sings the encoded message containing no real words, the “song” becomes an instant hit and Judy an immediate celebrity. All of this leads to the kidnapping of Rocker by Funk. When she attempts also to kidnap Judy; mad chases develop involving Funk’s henchmen, Judy’s father George, Judy’s kid brother Elroy, the family dog Astro (Don Messick), the police and an alien race trying to protect her.
**Spoiler alert** The movie has a happy ending.
The movie has some laughs and I found the music enjoyable. Ms. Waldo; an actress in radio, movies, television and voiceovers is not generally know as a singer (even though she was discovered by Bing Crosby); but she could certainly rock. Maybe she still can because she is still working despite being 90 or 94. (Internet sources differ.) Ironically she was replaced in the role of Judy in The Jetsons theatrical movie of 1990 by the pop- singer Tiffany.
- Sales Rank: 51,633
- UPC: 883316356616
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking titles in the Kids & Family genre:
- Bizarre Cartoons of The Past (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER WEEK
- Ray Harryhausen’s Fairy Tales (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER WEEK
- Max Fleischer Color Classics, 1934-1940 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER WEEK
- Cartoon Rarities of the 1930s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER WEEK
- Max Fleischer's Hunky & Spunky: The Complete Collection (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER WEEK