- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Synapse Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby 2.0 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- DTS 6.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Bruce Campbell - Star; Larry Cohen - Writer/Producer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Innocent people are brutally killed on the streets of New York by a uniformed police officer. A young cop, Jack Forrest (played by Bruce Campbell), finds himself marked as the chief suspect after his wife is murdered. As Lieutenant Frank McCrae (Tom Atkins) investigates these mysterious killings, the death toll rises and he suspects a mysterious police cover-up. This "maniac" cop must be stopped, but it might not be so easy! He isn't an ordinary man. He's inhuman... driven by supernatural forces and ready to take on the entire police force, hell-bent on revenge!
When a series of brutal murders are said to be committed by a cop, the populace panics.
A demented policeman -- or somebody dressed just like a cop -- is murdering people throughout New York City. Lt. McCrae has been assigned the job of tracking down the maniac. Then, another officer, Jack Forrest, gets framed for the killings. He and his girlfriend, vice cop Theresa Mallory, try to clear his name and find the real murderer.
Will they catch the fiend or become his next victims'
- Color by Foto-Kem.
- Released theatrically in New York City May 13, 1988.
- Shown out of competition at the 1988 Cannes Film Festival Market.