- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 1, 2002
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: Platinum Disc
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
This drama examines a fierce moral and ethical conflict between a local television anchorman and his ambitious news director, as triggered by a local high-school sex scandal. As the newsman is pressured by his boss to exploit the story, he battles with his conscience to balance the rights of the public vs. the individual.
After starting a new job as anchorman of a San Diego news program, a middle-aged journalist tries to find a big story to please his unscrupulous boss. When he receives a tip from an assistant district attorney about a statutory rape case, he runs with it. There's just one problem, however: the drama teacher accused of the crime may very well be innocent. The story quickly balloons and threatens to destroy the suspect's life. After checking into the case, the anchorman starts to question whether he did the right thing by reporting the story. But can he find a way to make things right even if he learns that the teacher isn't guilty'
- The Turner videocassette is part of the "TEC Collection."
- A Turman/Foster Co. Prods. & Finnegan Associates production.
- Aired originally on the CBS Television Network April 2, 1986.