Johnny Maestro & The Brooklyn Bridge Today - Volume 2
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$4.78 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.20 (40% Off)|
- by Johnny Maestro & The Brooklyn Bridge ~ Today - Volume 1 ~ $8.78
- Released: March 31, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
- 1.The Star-Spangled Banner
- 2.Gee (But I'd Give The World)
- 3.Free As The Wind
- 4.Six Nights A Week
- 5.Little Bitty Pretty One
- 6.Your Husband, My Wife
- 7.Isn't It Amazing
- 8.My Prayer
- 10.Medley: "Ruby Baby","Runaround Sue" & "The Wanderer"
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
I've been listening to my copy of JM&BB's new CD Johnny Maestro and the Brooklyn Bridge TODAY Volume 2. It's great, of course, but much too short. Their 2004 CD, TODAY, included 25 songs, providing 72 minutes & 35 seconds of glorious music. This CD includes 12 songs, providing only 32 minutes & 49 seconds of glorious music. I really wish the guys had recorded several more songs for this CD. I don't know if these songs were recorded at the same time as those on the 2004 CD, or if they were recorded more recently. No matter, because Johnny sounds magnificent, and the backing vocals and music from The Bridge are brilliant.
I'm glad that the USA's national anthem, The Star-Spangled Banner, is the first track on this CD. Johnny & the guys do an awesome acappella version of this song. Makes me proud to be an American. Gee (But I'd Give The World) is just about my favorite romantic ballad now. Free As The Wind is an overlooked gem and has that special magic that only Johnny can give to a song. Six Nights A Week was one of my favorites when I was in high school, and listening to it again brings back sweet memories.
Your Husband, My Wife--controversial back in the day and has those heartbreaking lyrics. Isn't It Amazing has a bouncy, happy pop sound. I never expected to hear anyone top The Platters #1 hit of 1956, My Prayer. Well, JM&BB do a fantastic version of the song. Johnny's vocals will just blow you away. Requiem sends chills down my spine--the overall sound is amazing. This is the only song where I can't quite understand all the lyrics, but it sounds so sad and yet sensuous at the same time. It's one song I listen to over and over. The Dion Medley--Dion's solo songs with backing vocals by The Del Satins. Johnny does a first rate job on Ruby Baby, Runaround Sue and The Wanderer. Singing those songs is a nice tribute to former Del Satins, Les Cauchi and Fred Ferrara. Johnny Maestro and The Brooklyn Bridge have proven once again that after forty-one years together, they still have it all--Johnny's remarkable voice, top notch backup vocalists and superb musicians. I recommend this CD to all their fans.
- Sales Rank: 7,577
- UPC: 090431125922
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER WEEK
- 2 Pac Lowdown Unauthorized:Tupac Shakur (CD) ~ $5.57 CYBER WEEK
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER WEEK
- 2nd II None Classic 220 (CD-R) ~ $11.98 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Loyal to the Game (CD) ~ $6.86 CYBER WEEK
- The "5" Royales The Five Royales (CD) ~ $11.10 CYBER WEEK
- The "5" Royales It's Hard But It's Fair: King Hits and Rarities (CD) ~ $12.35 CYBER WEEK
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.19 CYBER WEEK
- Nicky Addeo & The Night Owls Seaside Serenade (CD) ~ $3.19 CYBER WEEK
- The Alley Cats Cruisin' (CD) ~ $12.95 CYBER WEEK