The Animals The Best of the Animals
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.65 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.33 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 19, 2008
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Abkco
- 1.House Of The Rising Sun
- 2.I'm Crying
- 3.Baby, Let Me Take You Home
- 4.Around And Around
- 5.Talkin' Bout You
- 6.Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
- 7.Boom Boom
- 9.We Gotta Get Out Of This Place
- 10.I'm In Love Again
- 11.Bury My Body
- 12.Gonna Send You Back To Walker
- 13.The Story Of Bo Diddley
- 14.It's My Life
- 15.Bring It On Home To Me
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Animals: Eric Victor Burdon (vocals); Alan Price (guitar, piano, organ, vibes, bass); Hilton Stuart Patterson Valentine (guitar); Bryan James "Chas" Chandler (bass); John Steel (drums).
Personnel: Eric Burdon (vocals); Hilton Valentine (guitar); Alan Price (keyboards); John Steel (drums).
Unknown Contributor Roles: Eric Burdon; Hilton Patterson; Brooke Chandler; John Steel ; Alan Price.
When ABKCO Records acquired the U.S. rights to the Animals' 1964-1965 recordings produced by Mickie Most, they resurrected the title and artwork (and even the catalog number) of the classic MGM-issued Best of the Animals compilation from 1966. But as 1987 was the era of the CD, with its longer running time, they felt compelled to make some changes -- in addition to adding 15 more minutes of material, upping the the track list from 11 to 15 in the process, they also re-ordered all of it so that "House of the Rising Sun" led off the album, instead of being in the middle (at the end of side one on the original LP), though it was still the unedited 4:29 version, which had graced the original LP. What they did change was to pull a couple of songs -- "Roberta," which wasn't considered a great loss, and also the U.S. version of "We've Gotta Get Out of This Place." The latter, made from a tape of an outtake (an accident by EMI, copying the wrong take and sending it to MGM in America), had reached the Top 20 -- it was replaced with the U.K. version. The latter was generally not considered as good as the American rendition, and the opinion was strong enough so that when ABKCO released another compilation, Retrospective, in 2004, the American-released version of the song was restored. Otherwise, the additions, including "The Story of Bo Diddley," "Dimples," and "Around and Around," were considered enhancements. And this is a good collection to start out with the band, though one might do better with EMI's Complete Animals two-CD set of the same label's 2000-vintage The Best of the Animals, both of which include the epic uncut seven-minute version of "Talkin' 'Bout You" (from which the familiar under-two-minute cut was distilled). ~ Bruce Eder
The Best Of The Animals (180GV - Clear Vinyl) (LP)
Hullabaloo - The Best of Hullabaloo, Collection 3 (DVD)
$11.73 Super Savings
Ed Sullivan Show - Rock 'n' Roll Revolution: English Invade... (DVD)
$12.20 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 68 ratings.
Based on 68 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD)
$11.65 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE