- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 16, 1944
- Originally Released: 1944
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Warner Night at the Movies 1944 short subjects gallery: vintage newsreel, Oscar-winning patriotic short I Won't Play, Oscar-nominated musical short Jammin' the Blues, classic cartoon The Weakly Reporter, trailers of Passage to Marseille and 1944's Uncertain Glory
- New featurette The Free French: Unsung Victors
- Breakdowns of 1944: studio blooper reel
- Subtitles: English, Français & Español (feature film only)
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A group of convicts escape from Devil's Island and join up with the free French. A stirring adventure saga in the best Hollywood tradition.
During World War II, French soldiers in a ship en route to Marseille rescue some fellow countrymen who are drifting in a lifeboat. It turns out that they are prisoners from Devil's Island, who have escaped specifically to aid their country during the war. But when the soldiers receive word that France has surrendered to the Nazis, they change course and head for England.
However, there's a traitor on the boat, who leads a mutiny that endangers the lives of all onboard....
Prison / Prisoners |
- Additional cast: Stephen Richards (Lt. Hastings), Frederick Brunn (Bijou), Billy Roy (Mess Boy), and Charles La Torre (Lt. Lenoir).