Roy Milton Specialty Profiles (With Bonus CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Roy Milton ~ Volume 3 - Blowin' With Roy ~ $8.95
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: August 29, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Specialty
Living Blues - pp.58-59"With his hard-riffing Southern California band and pronounced backbeat, Milton was one of the major architects of rhythm and blues."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Milton's Boogie
- $0.99 on iTunes2.R.M. Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Hop, Skip & Jump
- $0.99 on iTunes4.True Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Information Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Thrill Me
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Best Wishes
- $0.99 on iTunes8.The Hucklebuck
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Everything I Do Is Wrong
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Porter's Love Song (To A Chambermaid)
- $0.99 on iTunes11.It's Later Than You Think
- $0.99 on iTunes12.T-Town Twist
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Night And Day (I Miss You So)
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Oh Babe!
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Roy Milton & His Solid SendersR.M. Blues
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Joe Liggins & The HoneydrippersPink Champagne
- 3.Percy MayfieldPlease Send Me Someone To Love
- 4.Lloyd PriceLawdy Miss Clawdy
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Jesse & MartinDream Girl
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Guitar SlimThe Things I Used To Do
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Little RichardLong Tall Sally
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Sam CookeI'll Come Running Back To You
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Don & DeweyLeavin' It All Up To You
- 10.Larry WilliamsDizzy, Miss Lizzy
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Roy Milton (vocals, drums); Camille Howard (vocals, piano); Johnny Rogers (guitar); Eddie Taylor (alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Earl Simms, John Kelson, Jr., Clifton Noel (alto saxophone); William Gaither, Benny Waters (tenor saxophone); Arthur Walker, Hosea Sapp, Charles Gillum (trumpet).
Audio Remasterer: Joe Tarantino.
Liner Note Author: Colin Escott.
Recording information: Master Recorders, Hollywood, CA (12/22/1945-??/??/1952); Radio Recorders, Hollywood, CA (12/22/1945-??/??/1952); United Sounds, Detroit, MI (12/22/1945-??/??/1952); Universal Recorders, Hollywood, CA (12/22/1945-??/??/1952).
As part of the Specialty Profiles series, New Orleans vocalist, bandleader, and drummer Roy Milton & His Solid Senders are highlighted with 14 tunes recorded for the label between 1945 and 1953. Not as raucous as future rock & roll pioneers on the Specialty roster like Little Richard and Lloyd Price, Roy Milton & His Solid Senders specialized in West Coast blues: laid-back, after-hours jazz combined with jump blues. The combo chalked up several hits for the label, including "True Blues," "Hop, Skip & Jump," "Information Blues," "Oh Babe!," "Best Wishes," and his first smash, "R.M. Blues." A major contributor to Milton's sound was Camille Howard, who went on to record for Specialty in her own right; she contributed both vocals and boogie piano, best represented here on her showcase performance of "Thrill Me." If you don't own any Roy Milton material, this mid-priced compilation is a good place to start. As an extra bonus, the Specialty Profiles series includes a sampler that showcases R&B gems by Specialty acts of the era, including Little Richard, Sam Cooke, Larry Williams, Lloyd Price, Percy Mayfield, Don & Dewey, Joe Liggins, Jesse & Marvin, and Guitar Slim. ~ Al Campbell
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 100 Bestseller
$1.98 on SALE