- Released: August 29, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Motown
- 1.I'm Coming Out
- 2.Love Hangover
- 3.Missing You
- 4.Mirror, Mirror
- 5.Touch Me In The Morning
- 6.Upside Down
- 8.Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- 9.Reach Out And Touch (Somebody's Hand)
- 10.Good Morning Heartache
- 11.The Last Time I Saw Him
- 12.My Mistake (Was To Love You) (Duet with Marvin Gaye)
- 13.It's My Turn
- 14.Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- 15.The Boss
- 16.Swept Away
- 17.Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
- 18.Endless Love (Duet with Lionel Richie)
- 19.What A Diff'rence A Day Makes (Bonus Track)
- 20.Remember Me
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Liner Note Author: Brian Chin .
Photographer: Harry Langdon.
Arrangers: Gil Askey; David Blumberg; Gene Page; Clay Drayton; Lee Holdridge ; Michael Masser; Michael Omartian; Oliver Nelson; Paul Riser; Ray Chew; Rob Mounsey; Tom Baird.
At a mere 20 songs, a Diana Ross collection claiming to be 'definitive,' is immediately suspect. Is it possible to define one of pop music's most iconic divas in the space of a single CD? Motown's DEFINITIVE COLLECTION tackles the problem first by excluding Ross's work with the Supremes and focusing only on her solo endeavors. The album also opts for singles over choice album cuts, and while the selection might not pass muster with diehard Ross fans, it provides a solid introduction to the singer's peak moments.
Naturally, the #1's are here: "Touch Me in the Morning," "Theme from Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)," and her duet with Lionel Richie on "Endless Love," among others. Ross's pop-funk hits are faithfully represented ("Upside Down;" "Love Hangover"), as is her essential duet with Marvin Gaye on "My Mistake (Was to Love You)." In short, while the album may be too brief, every song here is a glittering gem, underscoring the Motown diva's rightful place in pop music history.